13 May 2009

Flip (welcome to france part I)


Hey, how can one tell when the vacations at NLU begin? The city of Jodhpur becomes peaceful, the net quantity of content in the world goes up by leaps and bounds and Adhirath starts blogging again. Now I’m not sure if he has started his internship yet and has got enough bored to blog but my internships started and its actually not boring at all, in fact this time my internship promises to be an experience of a life time, and therefore I’m blogging about it as it happens.

9th of May 2009, 11:45 am…. I am sitting in an exam hall writing an exam on RTI which is the most useless subject known to law student kind. It was basically write what you can about what you know for three hours and we will mark you for that.

9th of May 2009, 1200 pm…. I am a free bird cruising across the skies of freedom headed to the mess for the last mess meal of the semester; I got a call from Subhash, the 5th year who is going to pass out very soon, he said he needed me in his room urgently. I obliged to find him sitting in the middle of what was once a place that looked, felt and seemed like Subhash. He was packing away at break neck speed and had a whole pile of books that he thought I might need sometime in the next two years. Along with that came a horde of other things that altogether made a huge carton full or articles that were to stay on campus until further notice.

Having finally finished packing his room I had to come back to pack mine. Relatively I took no time to pack my suitcase and a half and was ready to leave the sun bathed Jodhpur for greener pastures.

An auto ride and train journey later I was back in Delhi where I was welcomed by home and the loving arms of family, and the divine taste of good food, add to that the fact that I had the company of very good friends and that was something I really could get used to but this time I just dint have that much time.

I packed the bags I had unpacked and at around 2130 hrs I left home to go to the Airport, I was headed to France. Went through all the usual boring flight stuff got in the plane, not a great seat but that was trouble for the guy sitting on the isle seat. A few hours into the flight I felt like I wanted to drink something, a coke or my current favorite apple juice with sprite. I called for the hostess a couple of times to no avail, mildly annoyed with Air France I gave up on my drink, decided to go have a stroll. After troubling the gentleman on my right I went up to the back of the plane I found the hostess and I asked her for my drink. Her response will make a lot of my friends very very jealous, she pointed me in the direction of what I gathered was an open bar, a drinks counter with all the drinks you normally get on a plane complete with a stack of thin lemon slices. A few glasses of apple juice and sprite later I was back on my seat sleeping through the rest of the flight.

I had to take a connecting flight from Paris to Bordeaux and I thought I had enough time to make it from one terminal to the other, turns out the first flight got a little delayed and there was a huge queue at the security check where while I was standing with the tray in my hand my phone decided to ring (it was an alarm) making me drop some of the change I was carrying into the tray (thankfully) and at that very moment the security check person called me forward so I somehow stabilized the tray on the x-ray machine switched off the alarm and went in for security check, a few questions later I was out of the security area and was running to gate 55 only to find that the flight had left without me.

So I went to the people that change your flight and asked them to put me on the next flight to Bordeaux which they nicely did, also gave me a food coupon, so I had a nice croissant and some tea while waiting right outside the gate this new flight was to go from.

Finally reached Bordeaux and was received at the airport by the warm secure face known to me as dad, who was driving this huge shiny blue Citroen C4 Picasso. We went back to this place that’s going to be hostel for a month, more about that later. A shower and shave later I’m on my way to work, Thales.

This post is getting very very long and will get boring so more about the rest later.       

 

4 comments:

Voix said...

Mised your flight eh.. nice way to begin things :P

why flip?

Unknown said...

i got breakfast for missing my flight so i was late to get to work but thats ok...

you know opposites of a coin flip sides... on the 9th mornin im sitting writing an exam on the other side 11th mornin im missing a flight in paris therefore flip

The New Age Superhero said...

wow.. so you are presented with an entire bar and all you have is apple juice and sprite.. dude!

Unknown said...

apple juice and soda btw i love that stuff try it some time when ur not having beer and for added effect have it in a transparent glass glass and to make it even better have it in a martini glass or a shot glass or even a beer mug in that order of preference