16 May 2009

Morning of Mishaps (Stay in France Part I)

If you know what the dune is and what flight I missed please continue reading else you might need some catching up to do please go to the bottom of the page and start reading from 'Flip (welcome to france part I)'


The next morning had to wake up early…. Really early because dad had to catch the early morning flight, so we wake up he gets ready and then when he’s about to head out of the door it began to pour… the car was parked a little far away so I take the umbrella (not ella ella ella ) and go with him and we decide to take another route out so that we might be able to avoid exposure to the rain. Finally find a way out and we are a little closer to the car but still a whole minute and a half away so dad takes the umbrella while I hold on to his bags he gets the car we make the exchange and he’s off. I wave at him saying buy to the only person I knew in France who was driving away in a nice big blue Citroen C4, optimistic that I’ll get to know more people and determined to have a nice time I go back to the room and seeing that if I went back to bed I’d have only 20 minutes before I had to wake up again I decided to go online waste some time randomly.

After the scheduled randomness I started getting ready, shaved, took a shower wiped my self dry and for some reason I can’t remember now I was wearing my glasses and my pants as well I was trying to hang the towel to dry over the rod meant for the shower curtain in my room when I swung the towel over it, it came crashing down on my nose. Yes, on my nose, just a few millimeters under the bridge of my specs making a simple straight line of a scar. I was dazed for a few seconds then I noticed the small little wound on my nose was bleeding a little; I cleaned it up and put some aftershave on it. That having being settled I went on to get ready since I still had to go to work and had to find the way also. I picked up my new white shirt and wore it only to take it off since it was too transparent, so I wore my old white shirt that was not so transparent but then I took that off also because it was missing the second button from the top and I was really getting late for work. Then I just put on my yellow shirt and finished getting dressed. Then since I really should have been on the road, I quickly had two cups of yoghurt, picked up the map and was on my way.

I got out of the building took a left, it seemed like I was on the right path… so far so good… then I found a point on the map that was there and I got happy although there was no reason for me being happy since I had only established that there existed a point on the map that was a real place on the earth… which is what maps are meant for… a nother way of looking at it could have been that I knew on the map where I was… but that I already knew since I was just a few meters from the building I started off at and I still had no idea what direction I was actually headed in. So then I asked someone the way to another point on the map and he told me to go in the direction I thought was the opposite of where I was supposed to go. I figured he had a much higher probability of knowing where the place was and went that way… I was right about the probability part and he was right about the way, either way I finally reached this long road that had no signs on it and it seemed like I was supposed to walk on it till I found some direction so I was doing just that while this silver Renault stopped in front of me and one of my dads colleagues who had taken us out for lunch offered to give me a ride… I was delighted both at the fact that I would not have to walk the rest of the distance and that I was on the right path.


Got to work earlier than I had planed to but that’s ok. Nothing very unusual at work except I had lunch there for the first time which was quite an experience more about that later. I left work at an hour when people usually leave work and walked back. 


On my way I noticed this farm or more like a pasture land which had these beautiful horses grazing there, that time I dint have a camera but the next day I carried a camera with me to work just so that I could get pictures of them they were these beautiful creatures that were lazily going about their business while the rest of the world zipped passed them on the highway at 120kmph. What also got me interested in these horses was that they noticed me, I actually saw three of them lift their head from the grass and look at me and not just look at me watch me go by, I don’t know if it was the fact that I was moving at a speed they could move faster than or if it was the fact that I was probably the only human they had seen wearing a suit and tie walking down that road that caught their eye but either way I caught their eye and was happy to have been noticed. Finally got back to the building at around 1730- 1745 and this is now the part when I talk about the place I’m staying at.


It’s called All suits Home located just off this highway somewhere. It a small building of apartments or studio apartments as they call them, as you enter on you right is a small kitchen complete with a stove, chimney, fridge and all the crockery and you can need. As you move down further there is the room, its got a cosy little bed, a table with two chairs a couple of lamps, a useless TV that only has French channels and attached to that is a bathroom. Small little place much bigger than our hostel rooms much smaller than my room at home, comfortable place to live in for a month.    

Anyway I had promised some people that id post something tonight therefore I am completing this post before I sleep even though I am quite tiered, today was Friday night so I insisted on going out somewhere, at first I decided to go to Bordeuax center but then it hit me and I’m glad it did that I could take a bus and go there but after 2200 the busses stop plying and I’d have no way of getting back so I just went to explore merignac the area where I’m staying, I set out at 1930 and got back at 2200 and all that time I was only walking. This is a very funny town, they have so much day time and they just don’t value it all the shops were closed the super market I found was closed not that I had to buy anything but it was just all shut, so for two and a half hours that I spent walking I actually did nothing but find a place where they sell bread and a place where pizza is available for an affordable price.

 

Anyway I started writing about this trip of mine for a couple of reasons, firstly lots of people kept telling me to tell them how my trip was and tell them about my new experiences, and I promised them that I would and so to keep my promise to all the people I figured it’d be a good thing to write about it. The other reason was… well if you’ve been reading this blog you know my ear theory, every one needs one. For all those who know me, I talk a lot, not even comparing to Bongs and Adhirath, and I need a ear and since in this place no one can understand what I say and there is a limit to what one can say on the phone I began to write it on my blog. People who read it I would sincerely request you to not act like these French people who can understand English but refuse to speak it, please comment it’s a sign that you’ve heard what I’ve had to say I have one more ear. It really means a lot, and for those who have been commenting regularly thank you very much :D please don’t stop.

 

The Weekend is here so i should have some story to tell

14 comments:

Punvati said...

You just love talking about Adhirath on your blog don't you :P Does he even know of your fascination for him? Hehe

Anyway... Scar on nose and transparent shirts aside, its damn cool that you're staying alone, doing your own thing...

Unknown said...

his reactions are fun :) its fun... interesting different new what can i say ... never done anything like this before which is proly why dad got me this internship so i cud see what its like

Aakanksha said...

nice experience...... and i totally agree with divya..... u seem to be obsessed with adhirath...... hehehe

anyways, have fun and enjoy your stay !! and keep writing......

Unknown said...

i am telling you im sure Adhirath is in somewhere where he does not have access to the internet, just wait till he comes back and watch his reactions if they are not worth it i promise i'll never mention Adhirathh on my blog for no reason

eva said...

i think ur whole experience of being in france n that too alone..is really exciting..its fun readin bout it..u write really well..seems to me, like am there myself..
keep up the work n enjoy urself....

Unknown said...

thank you :D

Anonymous said...

gud goin... happy independence!!!

Unknown said...

thanks but u know come to think of it there is a lot more responsibility and if u actually think hey its so cool he gets to do whatever he wants... can live how he wants... its true only to a very small degree all i get to choose is the food i eat and the direction i want to walk in the evening within the 5 km radius the rest is just stuff that you have to do or end up doing on ur own anyway like i have to do the dishes after i cook i can choose to do it after i eat or before i eat and that too is a very simple choice if the food it hot eat it first if its cold then wash first so yes there is that sense of independence but you know thats the funny thing about being independent when you've got it you realize its not that big a deal i was proly more independent earlier had less things to worry about other people to do the worrying for me but hey happy independence none the less :D

Preeta Ganguli said...

hello... thought i'd let you know you have another ear here... :)
anyway.. u seem to be having a gala time there.. and now that you'r alone i bet u'l make a lot more discoveries around there too.. ;)
well keep having fun... just try not to have too many more 'accidents'... lol :P

Unknown said...

@ yours truly - thank you very much
@ all ears - sry havent had much time to write about the last weekend the experience is still fresh and i hope i will get some time tonight to do the needful thanks for reading will update shortly

Adhirath said...

ahem ahem!! wtf!..ill make sure my comments are as non interesting as it gets!..i wont get pissed..gud to see ur having fun...and well, hope you have a nice time..and k so take care, bye!

...and now...Bongs and Adhi!! :O u know how its a touchy issue dont u!..i dont talk a lot..in fact, i barely transgress the normal human levels of talkativeness! :P :P

kher, now that i HAVE been defamed, might as well tel u that talking a lot is fun...and thts exactly why inunderstand how badly u must be wanting to share stuff...poor thing!..he he..no worries no worries..we're all ears!..vent it all out..

P.S: being called LOQUACIOUS is one thing but being put on the same pedestal as Bongs! :O ....how mny times have u seen me sit in my dhoti with a thandi sadi chai in my hand and talking from far away about how the country is going to the dogs and how all it needs is me to improve its political front :P

Adhirath said...

oh yeah..and one more thing...for all my fans (remember those whom i always call "my handful") who are desperately waiting for me to blog (at lkeast play along guys)..i dont really have an appropriate internet access..but id have to give this to kacky...the adhirth blogging clock never fails generally...u can always find out when nlu has shut down for the vacations! :P (nice one...im pretty impressed that uve been following the pattern kacky!)

Unknown said...

@adhi-there is no reason for u to get pissed... for the first time im not calling you a bong... i'm saying bongs talk a lot then adhirath talks a lot and then i talk a lot in that order..

@everyone else - see what i mean

Punvati said...

blah... as if thats news.. u blog ONLY during the hols.. and u make sure everyone knows it btw :P

word verification- yackabli

hahaha