18 June 2008

Why cant parents understand???

This is a poem i had written during my class 12 boards and that was my mental element at that time, i had never planned to show it to my parents but as fate would have it i showed it to some of my friends who showed it to their parents (well they hadn't written it after all) and during one of the exams it leaked from one parent to another and it was out in the open, strangely i got an interestingly positive reaction and all was well now this thing goes public or the closest to that.

Why cant parents understand???



Parents say they know what's best for me

And invariably they're right

But the few rare times when I disagree

It ends up in a fight

They not only tell us to study

As if that's not enough

They'll also tell us what and when

Only making things tough

They do not know the syllabi

They do not know the course

But they have an agenda for everything

And that they will force

The situation is very glum

And the there's nothing you can do

For then they'll display your actions

Like an animal at the zoo

I know I am no exception

It's like this everywhere

For our parents have their expectation

To which we must adhere.

Now the trouble with this rhyme is that

Well it should reach their ears

But then we'll see the zoo again

And an animal will be in tears

So I've written these words of truth

That can't be said or heard

So I'll just be liven life the way it is,

Without uttering a single word.

Kanishk Kakkar

21/02/2006

and

22/02/2006

1 comment:

Adhirath said...

ha ha..its cute! and kinda true i guess! especially the part about them not knowing the syllabi and everything and yet wanting to prepare the entire agenda for you..but of course we all know tht this is so only because because they care for us a lot..personally, i dint face this problem much..but i can understand cos my friends used to tell me this all the time!..

newase..great piece though!